Wednesday, April 24, 2013

STRONGFIRST: BOSTON SFG 2013

Last week I had the distinct honor of being an Assistant Instructor at the 2nd ever StrongFirst SFG Level I Kettlebell Certification. Four words come to mind to describe it: Strength, Pride, Wisdom and Electric. I knew going in that I was assigned to Team Farrington. I had the pleasure of meeting Ron ahead of time at a Primal Move workshop here at Five Points Academy. What I didn't know was that Five Points members Hannah Fons and David Rossi would end up as attendees on the same team as I. Bonus! Hannah had been training with me for a few weeks before the event and she absolutely destroyed it. David was re-certifying and did a killer job as well. Lauren Perrault and Matt Blankenship joined me in rounding out the assistant duties on Team Farrington. The Team was awesome. 

I was able to catch up with old friends and make a bunch of new ones. StrongFirst isn't a community. It's a family. 


I want to congratulate all the new SFG Level I instructors and the freshly minted Master SFGs. I've had the honor of working with most of those promoted and was extremely happy for them. 

Its unavoidable to come back from an event like this unchanged. I've returned stronger, smarter and truly inspired to grow. I am (and will always be) a student of strength.


Strength has a greater purpose.

-Fury out.

No comments:

Post a Comment