Sunday, October 24, 2010

L.I.F.T. CERTIFICATION

I just completed Josh Henkin's L.I.F.T. Certification course. Josh is the creator of the Ultimate Sandbag program. My buddy Gavin turned me on to sandbag training about 6 months ago. The bags are super-fun and allow you to train in ways that you can't with kettlebells, dumbells or barbells. I signed up for the L.I.F.T. cert expecting to simply learn more sandbag moves. I was wrong, the cert is so much more than that. Josh and his crew go over many principles of functional fitness and strength and conditioning training. These ideas apply to all facets of training, not just sandbags. It's a supportive environment and there's a good mix of verbal instruction and physical application. This really helps you nail down and retain everything. I can't recommend L.I.F.T. enough. I can't wait to incorporate these new tools into my workouts. On a side note, the course was held at Peak Performance on 21st Street in NYC. Peak is an exceptional facility that's worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment