Thursday, October 7, 2010

RKC II TRAINING UPDATE

I've officially begun training for the RKC II in July. I need to complete the following at the start of the RKC II to pass: The Snatch and Technique tests from the RKC. I also need to Clean and Press the 48kg (due to my body weight), perform a parallel to the ground Pistol Squat, and a  Dead hang Pull-up with a 24kg bell on one foot.


I'm not worried about retesting the RKC stuff. I never thought I'd say this, but pressing The Beast (48kg) is going to be the easiest of the new bunch. I can already get the 44kg up if I'm fresh. I've got plenty of time to work up to the 48kg. Next up is the dead hang pull-up. Pull-ups are not my strong point. I did 4x 1 rep sets (switching the bell/foot each rep) with a 12kg. Then followed up with 3x 1 rep sets with a 16kg. I ended with 2x very close attempts with the 20kg. I'm sure I would have pulled of the 20 if I was fresher. I'm not too worried about the pull-up now.


The pistol is going to be the tough one. I was using a 20kg to counterbalance. I can get to about a 105 degree bend before raising back up. I just can't get below that without losing balance. This one's going to take time. I'm very glad that I started way early.


-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment