Tuesday, November 22, 2011

JOHN DU CANE'S MARKETING MASTERMIND INTENSIVE

I just returned from an amazing weekend in San Diego as a participant in John Du Cane's Marketing Mastermind Intensive aka the MMI. The entire workshop is aimed at arming RKC's with the marketing and selling know-how to build our businesses up. I have to admit that initially I was worried about being at a three day intensive marketing workshop. I've helped brand, sell and run visual effects companies in the past, but I didn't know how to apply that knowledge into the world of fitness. Having just left the ad world six months ago, I arrived with a little trepidation. Was this going to be too long or boring?


Hell no. I wasn't bored for a minute. Tired, yes. The days were long and packed with detailed information. Much of the work was hands on and within groups. Some of the best points came from members within the group. The wisdom that John Du Cane, Nicole Du Cane, Shari Alexander and the others imparted on the group and the relationships and friendships developed were priceless. RKCs are a damn fine group of people to be around. And if you don't know, now you know.




This was the missing key to my success. The MMI may not sound as fun as lifting, pulling and swinging things, but it is equally important to succeed in this business. At the end of the day. It is a business. It just happens to be one we love.


-Fury Out

No comments:

Post a Comment