Saturday, October 5, 2013

A HARDSTYLE ANNIVERSARY AT THE STRONGFIRST SFG2.

Last week I had the honor of assisting at the StrongFirst SFG2 Kettlebell Instructor Certification in King of Prussia, PA.  Held at Phil Scarito's DV8 Fitness, this was the first SFG2 in the United States. To say it had had an impact on me would be the understatement of the year. Pavel, MarkNikkiGeorge and the leadership team have truly created something unique and I am damn proud to be a part of it. As always, the community aspect of StrongFirst is truly unbelievable. The event felt like a massive family reunion. I was very proud to see several candidates that I had worked, trained or assisted before stepping up to the level 2 challenge. As luck would have it, I ended up assisting on Team Nepodal alongside Nikki Snow and Joe Sansalone. Fellow Five Points instructor Hannah Fons was also on the team as a candidate. 

Team Nepodal.
Fellow Five Pointer Hannah Fons is now an SFG2!
This weekend also happened to been my three year anniversary as a "student of strength" under Pavel and crew. That's when I first met Mark Toomey, Brett Jones and Phil Scarito. I remember being excited, nervous and in an overall state of awe stepping into my first RKC. Now, three years later, here I was assisting an SFG2. That's progress my friends. This has been an amazing journey and I hope it never ends.  
Mark Toomey, Phil Scarito, Brett Jones & myself.
That said, I have officially resigned my RKC status which had another 2.5 years before expiring. These are my teachers. These are my peers. These are my friends. This is StrongFirst and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

-Fury out.


No comments:

Post a Comment