Friday, October 23, 2015

DVRT BLOG: READY. SET. CRUSH!

By Steve “Coach Fury” Holiner
Master DVRT, Senior RKC, OS Instructor, MFF Tattooed Menace
 images-2.jpeg
*This article is for the enthusiasts out there. If I can do this, anyone who cares can.
Five years ago I signed up for my first certification with DVRT Ultimate Sandbag creator Josh Henkin. The cert was a birthday present to myself. At the time, I was simply excited to become proficient with Ultimate Sandbags. I had zero idea of the impact that course would have on my professional and personal life. 
Here’s a bold statement: 
If you like how I coach or write, it is because of what I got out of that innocent one day.
Truth!
That first cert (then called LIFT) occurred just as I was transitioning from an enthusiast to a professional. Whether I was using Ultimate Sandbags or not, DVRT became the backbone of my work as a strength coach. Henkin melted my face off with his approach on movement over muscles and thoughts on progressive overload. Not a new concept to many, but I definitely learned how poorly applied it was! 
12096148_10153631578253006_8602224021826196091_n.jpg
Here are THREE KILLER THINGS you should know about DVRT Ultimate Sandbag Training.
1. DVRT Ultimate Sandbag Training is a fully realized, yet easy to understand, strength training system. Send me a person and I’ll find the right DVRT movement for that individual. We can meet anyone where they’re at. We can make anyone stronger. 
2. Through our approach on movement and the use of living weights we focus on building strength inside and out. DVRT looks to build stability and reflexive strength in addition to high tension techniques. We create real 3D real world strength.
IMG2290.jpg
Doesn't get any more real than on the farm with Coach Anderson!
3. Hey, gear costs money and Ultimate Sandbags have a huge return on investment. Since we’re not solely load based, you can get a lot of usage from a single Ultimate Sandbag. 
Hopefully, I’ve got you pretty pumped on Ultimate Sandbag Training right now. What’s the next step? Brothers and sisters, find a DVRT Workshop or Certification near you. Like Professor X, Henkin has assembled an uncanny leadership team to teach these courses. Spending a day or two learning from one of our Master Instructors will be money well spent. Heck, you can see what it did for me. Always remember, I was one of you, I was a fan first. 
You can find a course near you at HERE
Worried that there isn’t a course coming up yet, or you’re still on the fence about what to do next? No problem. Fury’s got your back. 
Here’s a simple (not easy) workout that I put together with fellow DVRT Master Instructors Sean Kim, Dio Vujich and Larisa Lotz. We call it READY. SET. CRUSH! While some workouts may seem random, this one has very specific purpose. The intent is to get you on your way to owning the DVRT essentials and help you be workshop/cert ready. Here it is. 
READY. SET. CRUSH!
1) Clean and Press x8
2) Bent Over Row x5 to Front Loaded 1 1/4 Squat x5
3) Max Lunge x5 per side
4) Iso Pull x:05 hold per side
Minimum :60 Rest
3-5 rounds
Spend some time with this and I assure you it will make your workshop or certification experience a brighter place. 
If it feels like I’m pushing hard for you take a course, it’s because I AM!
DVRT Ultimate Sandbag Training is the center of all things Fury. I want you to experience the power of it and nothing beats hands on experience. 
Give the workout a shot and let me know what you think. 
Keep an eye out for the next evolution of Ready. Set. Crush. The full four day a week CERT KILLER program is coming!
Thanks for the read!
 -Fury 

No comments:

Post a Comment